Sunday, November 22, 2009

A lull.....

Well, the last two days have been slow, as I had to remove most of the traps that were out. The wind we've been having blew the covering/wax paper off them, which of course exposed the pan/dogs and jaws and caused them to freeze down. Worse yet, the tracks over several of the sets show me that had that not happened, I'd likely be skinning. I have pulled the traps and hung them to thaw, and will be back out with a vengeance, but not likely until Tuesday, due to our incoming weather. We are to get more snow and more 30 mph winds until then, so it's gonna be a little break for now.

In the meantime, I wanted to post a little something, even if I'm not catching. I got some pics, although not great ones, of the socks on that last fox - one from the double - and thought the markings were pretty cool - hadn't seen this before:
Photobucket

Also interesting was the fact that 'A', the hide was no longer blue once on the stretcher for a while:
Photobucket

and, 'B', I noticed how furry the little sucker's feet were. Must be how they deal with these wicked winters:
Photobucket

-30 below now for nearly a day. At any rate, hope to be back on Tuesday with set reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment