Monday, February 15, 2010

3 Lynx in 5 days..and 2 Lynx in 2 days....

We are definitely on a roll. The Dead Tree set is producing more than I would have thought my entire line would, all by itself. There is just something about that location that funnels in the cats. The video in the last post of Lynx #3 shows a little of the sign at the scene, but does not do it justice. The Lynx 'rut' is just heating up now, and so things should get crazier as we go into the next couple weeks. Oughta be fun...

As stated in the title, we have now caught two Lynx in two days - and I forecast a third today. Two days in a row now we rolled up on the Dead Tree set and watched a Lynx run away from the set location across the slough - and still found a Lynx IN the set right after. Like Deja Vu. And so I presume that the one we watched run off yesterday will be in the set today. We'll see. At any rate, I wanted to post some of the pics we got from kitty #4, along with a video of the lassoing.

Here is a couple of the great shots that Sarah always takes:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one was, once again, not impressed with me! However, when the time came for the "lasso rodeo", as I now call it, his temper settled down, and he didn't even take so much as a single swipe at me OR the snare of doom. Also, on this video, you can actually hear the growling without turning the volume up too much. Check this out:


In other news, the Pilot Station Trapping Project is still rolling. We have yet to catch a dang Ermine, but the kids are still seeing success on their Fox 'line:
Photobucket

I'm still catching fox too, its just that Sarah and I have become so occupied with Lynx, skinning Lynx, and finding new sets for them that we have taken the bullseye off the Fox sets for a while. I'm going to try to change that this week because the pelts are fully Prime and are truly gorgeous! Check out this one, the most recent I have caught:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a close-up of how 'poofy' they are - this pic is from the side while the pelt is on a normal wooden stretcher - the stretcher is less than 1/4" thick, so the rest is all guard hairs and underfur:
Photobucket

These are really NICE fox! I'm off to go moose hunting and will have to check our Lynx sets when done, so will be back later hopefully with a Huge new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment