Saturday, January 30, 2010

HOLY CATS!!!!!!...or, well.....CAT......

We have caught our first Lynx of the Year! (and first Ever - but we've got to stay optimistic...)

SO, after checking two marten and one lynx set unsuccessfully this morning, Sarah and I crossed over to the North side of the Yukon to check the three cat sets from last weeks post. We were cruising down the slough, looking to the right up on the ridge for our cubby set, and we were getting to the point where I thought I must have missed it - as I hadn't seen the flagging and we were nearing the end of the point...when all of a sudden Sarah started whaling on me - my head my shoulder, my side...whack whack whack...I immediately thought we were about to hit a tree or something and looked back at where we were going when I heard her yell over the sound of the motor, "Cat! There's a cat! We got him! We got him! He's standing there looking at us!...."

I leaped off the snowmachine before it had even stopped, and immediately turned the camera on to capture the following:



I am a busy fool right now skinning away, but I will post these pics now and add some movies and some skinning pics tomorrow...

Just to recap: The cubby by itself...BEFORE...
Photobucket

Here's the pic of Sarah and the set Before (I TOLD you this was Sarah's Before pic in the last post, heh, heh)....
Photobucket

And here's Sarah's After pic:
Photobucket

Some pics during our approach:
Photobucket

Photobucket

A close-up:
Photobucket

An After pic of me:
Photobucket

It was a two-toe catch...
Photobucket

Look at the size of those paws:
Photobucket

A happy girl with an unhappy kitty cat :).....
Photobucket

Smiley ol' me....(Our snowclothes add about 80 pounds to Sarah and I hah hah)
Photobucket

Off she goes....
Photobucket

More pics coming...

SO CHECK BACK IN LATER/TOMORROW SOMETIME!!!!........

No comments:

Post a Comment